Monday, June 18, 2012

God is too good to me!

Whoa! I don't even know what to say.  God has seriously been blowing my mind.  

Yesterday was the beginning of the second session of Surge already!  This is CRAZYYYYYY!!!! These sessions fly by so fast :(((  First session was a little rough.  And by a little rough I mean, I just wanted high schoolers sooooooo badly!  I had middle schoolers in my living group (small group) and I just struggle with middle schoolers.  I just don't really have the patience and when I do have the patience its usually because they don't talk.  I know some middle schoolers can be awesome but I still just struggle with them.  I was so sad that everyone else was having an awesome time with their groups and I got the middle schoolers who wouldn't talk!  I know God has a purpose for everything so I knew there had to me a hidden meaning in there.  

Well, last night was the first time with my living group from session 2!  I got high schoolers this week so I was pretty darn excited!  Also Jordan and Tyler from the band were in my group.  So pretty much, my living group is awesome.  At the end, I asked everyone what they're hoping to get out of this week and what they think God's going to teach them.  DANG!!!!  I could just feel the Holy Spirit in that room and I know God is doing awesome work this week!  I left them with a challenge that we'll talk about every day this week.  I'm going to ask them where they saw God today.  I can't even wait to her their responses!!!!! I closed us out in prayer and I just started crying.  It was so great!!!! Y'all know I love to cry, not in a weird way!  Well I was just crying and so happy and so excited to see the awesome things God will be revealing this week.  

The youth are out on missions right now and I'm supposed to be working.  I'm finding it veryyyyyyy hard to concentrate because I'm so tired.  I know its my own fault but still I'm so tired!!! In the past two nights, I've gotten 7 hours of sleep total!  WHOOPS!  Saturday after worship, we went to Cookout with the band and got back at 2 and then for some crazy reason, I'd volunteered to make the week's slideshow.  So I stayed up until 4 making the slideshow.  It was awful...absolutely awful but it was done and that's all that mattered.  So last night I was like, "Yeah! I'm going to go to bed early and catch up on sleep!!!!" and guess what I did?  I stayed up until 2:45!!!! Jamie, Clay, Jordan, and I had a little adventure of a night.  We went to Walmart where Jamie bought a scooter.  She's literally a 7-year-old boy!  (love you grandbaby) We got cookie dough so we could make some cookies.  Then we went to Wells Fargo and McDonalds!  Finally we went back to Colonial where the boys finished some laundry and I made cookies, its what I do best!  Then we just waited and waited for the clothes to be done.  Needless to say, I need some sleep.  Fingers crossed that I get a nap today or this girl might not make it through worship tonight.

I am absolutely loving life and loving the lake!  I can't wait to see where this summer leads me.  God is doing great things!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment