Friday, September 20, 2013

A Spectacular September

The past couple weeks have been filled with lots of excitement!  Let's start with the first week of September.  I had Wednesday off so one of my roommates, Jenny, and I headed to Magic Kingdom for the day!!!  It was lots and lots of fun and since the parks are so dead right now we didn't have to wait much in lines!  We met lots of fun characters, including Merida!!!! I think she might be my new favorite!  She was the most fun princess I've ever talked to at least.
  

We also got to go to Enchanted Tales with Belle which meant we got to go inside her cottage!  This is just one of the many, many new things inside New Fantasyland!!

Belle and her mom...that no one knew even existed

The Wardrobe who was just full of life

Inside Belle's library

Belle!!!!!!

We met Ariel, too!

With one of the fairies, Vidia who was super sassy!

The most in your face Tink I've ever met!

Just hanging in Pixie's Hollow with Tinkerbell


After a fun day at the park, we got to meet up with the Harmon's!  Sarah was one of my babysitters when I was little and now she's married with two precious children of her own!!  Getting to see kids experience Disney World is one of the coolest parts about working here and getting to see people from home makes my heart happy!!

With sweet Georgia Grace at Magic Kingdom!!!
That was on Wednesday and on Friday I got to hang out with Carolyn!!!!!  Carolyn came down to Universal Studios with her youth from Impact!  They were so awesome and fun to hang out with!


I left Universal a little before dinner to head over to Disney for Night of Joy!  This was an awesome experience because not only did I get to praise God in front of Cinderella's Castle but getting to hear Jesus music blaring throughout Magic Kingdom was...well, magical!  Although it was pouring rain and the concerts didn't start for at least 30 minutes, it was totally worth it!  I went with some other CP's and girls from work!  The first concert we went to was Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith.  It was sooooo awesome!  After them, we played in the park on the rides that were 5 minute waits!  Finally, we saw Mandisa!  If she doesn't just make you love life, then I don't know who will!

Hanging out in the rain before the concert started!

Watching Steven Curtis Chapman perform "Cinderella" in front of Cinderella's Castle!  I couldn't even have dreamed for this to happen but I was in tears within seconds.

With Molly at our favorite place everrrrr

Before leaving the park, I decided it was the perfect time to try my first Dole Whip!  Of course, it was at midnight but it was delicious!!! I got vanilla ice cream with my pineapple float and everyone needs one!
 After spending Friday at Night of Joy, I got to enjoy Saturday night with Carolyn's youth at Rock the Universe (at Universal Studios).  I walked in to find Jesus Culture performing and it rocked, of course!  Then I found Luke Ramey!!!!!!  So Luke was Carolyn's assistant when I was hired at the lake for my first summer and his band played that summer as well.  He was with Jesus Culture so I got to see him and Carolyn!!!

Watching Jesus Culture with a couple hundred other people!
After I found Carolyn and her youth watching Lecrae, we headed back to the Jesus Culture stage and ended up just sitting on the ground, catching up about life, and life could not have been more perfect!  Praising God for this experience and catching up with old friends who mean so much to me...perfect!


The next day, I went to lunch with Luke for more catching up and couldn't have felt more thankful after that week of fun reunions!

I've been doing the same old same old working working working!  Most of my shifts the past couple weeks have all been 6 hour shifts, which I won't ever complain about!  However, this week I randomly have an 11 hour shift and tomorrow I have a 9 hour shift.  But in the middle of this long week, I got to go to Magic Kingdom with my sweet friend Molly!!  We work together at the Harbour House and we both love Jesus, which is kind of difficult to find around here!!! Spending time with her is so encouraging and I'm so thankful for our friendship!

Oh heyyyy, Magic Kingdom!!

Loving the crane behind the castle!
The first thing we did was get a fastpass for the Princess Fairytale Hall because Wednesday was the Opening Day!! I'm so excited that forever and ever I can say I was there when it opened!!  We made our way through Fantasyland, Storybook Circus, and Fantasyland when it was time for lunch.  We were going to settle on Pinocchio's Village Haus but I thought, BE OUR GUEST!!!! In case you don't know, Be Our Guest, is the newest restaurant at Magic Kingdom!  At lunch its quick service and at dinner its table service.  Reservations are almost impossible to get, so your best chance at seeing the restaurant is to go at lunch!  We got in line and were told we should be inside in 30 minutes or less...and we were!  It was so beautiful inside!!!  There are three different dining rooms, the Rose Gallery, the Ballroom, and the West Wing!  Everyone needs to go, without a doubt!


My awesome ham sandwich looking so fancy!

This is the rose you're given when you place your order.  Then they magically know where to bring your food when its ready!

We ate in the Rose Gallery with lots of precious pictures of Belle and her Beast all around.



We took a trip through the restaurant, and this was the West Wing!

The Rose!!!!

The Ballroom with the gorgeous chandeliers (my mom would loveeeee them!)

The last mosaic before leaving the restaurant

And we're off to see the princesses!

The glass slipper that I had to get a picture of super fast since we had FastPasses

Rapunzel



After the princesses, we headed towards our favorite place...Liberty Square and stopped in to see our friends at Columbia Harbour House!  We found Driss on bell ringer...even though it took him a couple minutes to realize who we were.  We found this to be the normal thing since no one ever sees us out of costume/without our bonnets on!


We got stuck in the rain so we went to Pirates of the Caribbean.  Thankfully, when we got out the rain was gone and we went on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad AND Splash Mountain.  As many times as I've been on Splash Mountain, I've never been on the front row...well that all changed on Wednesday!

After we made it down the mountain

I couldn't hang for the picture...whoops!

We survived!!!
 As I've mentioned in previous posts, I like to stop by the Main Street Confectionary before heading out and I found a new favorite.  Sorry I didn't take a picture before eating one of the ears off, hah!  But it was super yummy!  I'm starting to tell myself that Disney calories don't count...we'll see how long that lasts!


Working at Disney World is teaching me so much and makes me love people watching even more!  I promise to post again soon with more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment