Sunday, August 18, 2013

Disney Days

Its been an exciting couple of days at Disney since I became an official Cast Member!  On Thursday night, we had Woody's Roundup!  Woody and the gang held a BBQ (that was BBQless) for the CP's.  It was so cute, there was a DJ and a big open field for line dancing.  Honestly, it was so hot without trying to dance, I just watched in the shade!  Also, we saw that there were characters there!!! We got to meet Bullseye and Jessie, two characters I don't think I've ever met at Disney World!  We had hot dogs (at the BBQ, interesting) and met some new people!  After Woody's Roundup, we walked back to our apartment complex...in the rain!  It poured!  So we rethought our decision to go to Magic Kingdom but since the rain cleared up, we decided to go with our rain jackets in hand!

Excuse the selfie, but I was excited about the free hat!

With Bullseye and Jessie in Andy's bedroom!!!

After a long and interesting bus ride, we made it to the Magic Kingdom!!!!  We headed inside hoping to make it for the Electrical Parade...but it was delayed due to rain.  So we decided to ride some rides while the lines weren't very long.


We went to Tomorrowland in hopes of riding Space Mountain but the lines were still long.  We found Goofy and Pluto having a dance party!!!  


 Then we moved on to the New Fantasyland!!! I was so excited because last time I was here, they were building it.  Also, my cousin Trey got to help do some construction for New Fantasyland!  We rode on Ariel's new ride!  It was so so so cute!  I was dying because Ariel is my favorite!!  I'm ready to go back and see New Fantasyland during the day!!  Let me just say, now there are so many different castles!


We left Fantasyland and headed for the Haunted Mansion and we found Columbia Harbour House!!  Excuse the terrible picture, but I couldn't resist a picture out in front!


After Haunted Mansion, we planned on catching Wishes, the firework show, but they were delayed as well and we figured we should leave before the crowd!  We headed to the Polynesian to catch the bus back to our apartment.  Of course, as we were walking up, a bus was leaving so we had to wait a good 30-45 minutes before the next bus arrived.  We made some new friends at the bus stop and finally boarded a little before midnight.  We made it back and I headed to bed so I could wake up bright and early for my Food and Beverage Training!

Friday morning, I caught the 6:30 a.m. bus for Disney University and got there around 7:15.  I sat in the cafeteria with some new friends I made waiting on our 8:00 class to start.  Our class lasted about 2.5 hours where I learned just a lot of generic information about food service.  Keep in mind, the people in my class were there for Quick Service, Full Service, Outdoor Foods, and Culinary Students.  After the first 2.5 hours, we had to complete some online courses to finish up our F & B training.  I took about an hour before getting to head to Costuming to get my new slip-resistant shoes!  I thought rocking the bonnet would be complicated, but these black shoes I'll be wearing will be a little more difficult!  After I got my cute shoes, I came back to the apartment.  That afternoon, the plan was to go back to MK but we wanted to go to Cast Connections, the store for Cast Members.  It was so awesome!!!!  We went to all three cast stores and then headed to the bus and then it rained.  We decided to just head back to the apartment for the night!

All of my roommates except for Paige had the weekend off so while Paige went to training, the rest of us headed to the parks.  Saturday we started the day strong at Animal Kingdom.  We made the best timing around the park.  We met lots of characters, rode most of the rides we wanted, and even saw Finding Nemo The Musical, and Festival of the Lion King.  One of my roommates, Courtney is working at Festival of the Lion King so it was fun to experience where she will be working!

With the Tree of Life

Jessica, Dug, Jenny, Mindy, Russell, Courtney, and I being Wilderness Explorers!!

Mickey and Minnie in their adventurous outfit!!!
The roomies with Mickey and Minnie

We loved meeting Pluto and Goofy!

Donald Duck was so cute!

And we met Pocahontas!!

She posed so differently than the other Princesses!

Our last ride at Animal Kingdom was a Kilimanjaro Safari!  We saw so many animals up close!  We even caught a baby giraffe and rhino.



After Animal Kingdom, we went to Hollywood Studios for the night!  We successfully dodged the showers and even got to hang out at the Monsters University Pep Rally!  It was so fun and they even had MU Fearleaders!!


The night ended with Fantasmic!  This was my first time seeing this show and it was amazing!!!



Before leaving for the night, we checked out the stores of course!  I found the most interesting Ariel merchandise I've ever found!  A fork and coral included!  


Today, Jenny, Courtney, and I went shopping (whoops!) but we got lots of good deals!  I found some black socks for my hot shoes!  Tonight and tomorrow should be relaxing before I start my training on Tuesday!!  I'm so anxious to get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment