Thursday, February 23, 2012

I finally got a blog...

So I've been wanting to start a blog for...like ever and I figured when would be a better time than while I'm supposed to be studying?!  Yeah, great idea, right?!  No worries, I'm done with my studying and figured I'd write my first post before heading to bed for the night.


The main reason why I figured I'd go ahead and start my blog is because I gave up Facebook for Lent.  This is something I've been wanting to do for years but I'm really realizing that Facebook takes up way too much of my time.  I tried giving Facebook up in the fall during the weeks and only checking it on Fridays or the weekends.  However, the rules I made for myself I ended up breaking...whoops.  I look at Lent as a time to learn some self-control and see what God might be putting in my life during that time I've been spending on Facebook.  


Well, its day 2 without Facebook and I miss it sooooooooo much.  I know that makes me sound like a total crazy person who can't go a day without looking at Facebook but its just what I do.  When I'm bored...Facebook, when I'm walking to class...Facebook, when I don't want to make awkward eye contact with someone I'm passing on the sidewalk...Facebook!  So I'm turning to other apps on my phone like Twitter, The Weather Channel, the Bible, and games, of course!  (I'm in the market for new and exciting apps if you know of any!)  Needless to say, it'll be a long journey without Facebook but I really am excited to see how I might grow in the next (less than) 40 days.  Also, I'm not allowing myself to check Facebook on Sunday's.  Okay, its in writing now so I can't back out on that one.


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment