Sunday, February 26, 2012

Where did my weekend go?!

Another Sunday night and I'm wondering where my weekend went.  I should be doing homework...but I'm not!  Surprise, surprise! I promise I'm not as slack as I sound...I'm doing other work.  My ADPi and CA work pretty much count as homework.  


This weekend was a very relaxing weekend.  Friday I turned in my CA agreement for Senior Apartments.  How am I about to be a senior?!  AHHHH, this is crazy!  Absolutely crazy!  I can't wait but I'm a little scared...one step closer to the real world.


Abby and I got Dempsey's on Friday and watched Crazy, Stupid, Love and Date Night.  We started to watch Friends with Benefits...but we cut that off like 15 minutes into it.  It was just too much!


Saturday I slept in, got some brunch from GDH, worked out (yay me!), and planned a whole day of cleaning.  Unfortunately my day of cleaning was interrupted by the Elizabeth Smart movie.  I found the movie was on Lifetime and got hooked!  Last night, Abby and I had another movie night.  We thought we could save some money by getting GDH for dinner...but that sucked.  Good thing Lauren and Tiffany were making pizza in my room!  They shared some pizza with us, PTL!  While we were eating pizza, the ice cream man (or should I say middle-aged woman) came by!  I couldn't resist ice cream from the ice cream woman...sounds kinda creepy.  We started our movie night after I made cookies for dessert!  We watched Something Borrowed and it was soooooooo good!!!  Here's my favorite quote...



He makes you the person you want to be,
instead of the person you are, and that, 
the idea of life without him is, 
not only unbearable, it's unimaginable.
- Rachel
Something Borrowed



I know, I know, I'm such a sucker for love!  One day, this is how I'll be able to describe my husband...I just gotta find him!  Anna, Chynna, and Tiffany watched the movie with Abby and I and we had lots of laughs.  Lauren peaced out because she had to study/go to bed early!  I even got my laundry done before going to bed!  What a productive day!


Today's been a pretty good day.  We had our first Recruitment Workshop!  I can't believe we have to start thinking about Recruitment already!  AHHHHH!! More freaking out!


Here's the highlight...


So now, I'm sitting here watching the Lion King with two girls from my hall, Lauren and Tiffany. (We aren't friends, right, Tiff Tiff?)  Tonight I learned Lauren didn't know the difference between lions and tigers.  I never knew a 19-year-old as intelligent as her might struggle with this.  I am literally shocked by this news!  She thought lions were females and tigers were males.  AHHHHH!!!!!! I almost died laughing.  I enlightened Lauren as her CA (not as her friend) that lions and tigers were in fact two different animals altogether.  I taught her about ligers, though.  Here's a picture of a beautiful liger.  Lauren also wondered if tigers had manes.  I'll stop there because I know she'll hate me if I go on.  Gotta love the lessons I teach my Belk babies!



Peace out from my new friend, Belkie the liger.  I hope he makes another appearance soon...hopefully Lauren will learn the difference between lions and tigers in her Biology for Majors class!!!  I'll be sure the emphasize the difference to my future students.

I can't wait to be back in my 1st grade class tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some great stories!!!

Loves ya!!!!!! Thanks for reading about my boring yet relaxing weekend :)

P.S.  Here's my new favorite song followed by a new YouTube fave!





No comments:

Post a Comment