Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mother Daughter Tea

Yesterday's blog went out to my Daddy and today's goes out to my Mama.  I meant to write this Sunday night but needless to say, I've been way too busy to accomplish that goal.  Sunday I fell asleep about 4:30 and planned to take a 30 minute nap and ended up sleeping until 7:30.  I totally needed the sleep but I slept through youth group. :(

Sunday was ADPi's Mother Daughter Tea and it was soooo good to see my mom and get to hang out with her for a couple of hours.  Between last week and this week, life has been non-stop crazy!!!!  I've had to make sure I write down meals in my schedule everyday so that I eat.  I still haven't figured out why every professor of mine picks the exact same week to have everything due!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!  Really, do you have a heart at all?  I just need some sleep!  So life has been crazy and every girl needs her Mama to make things better.  That's exactly what my mom did.  She got here early, helped me finish setting up the tea, even made herself at home during the tea while I was off doing President things.  She even kept taking my picture when she couldn't be with me.  She wanted to document me as President. 

#proudmommoment

My apologies for using a hashtag in my blog, but I couldn't resist.  She's just so proud.  I was just laughing and laughing and laughing that she even though to take my picture.

My favorite part of the tea, other than the food of course, came at the end of the tea!  For the first time (at least that I've been in college) we gave our moms a letter at the end of the tea.  My mom doesn't get enough credit for how much time and effort she puts in to life.  That sounds weird...I mean she puts her whole life into others.  She makes sure Nana, Aunt Laura, and my family are all taken care of before us.  I found this precious quote that totally sums up my mom and I's relationship.

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heave and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind percepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”

-Washington Irving

My mom and I are besties...for serious, though.  My mom never tried too hard to be my friend like some moms do.  She always had her strict rules and I always thought she was overprotective and overbearing, but I'm so glad she is the mom that she is.  I'm so glad she had rules but not crazy rules.  I couldn't ask for a better mom!  I just hope one day (in the very distant future) I can be as good of a mom as she is to me!

While writing my letter, I was listening to "For Good" from Wicked.  While this song really applies to a lot of people and relationships in my life, I just really felt like it couldn't be more spot on with me and my mom's relationship.  I told her I'd put it in my blog in case she forgot to look it up herself!



And here are some pictures from the tea...

Typical of the besties...


...and with our moms of course!


P3 P3 P3


Ahhh a picture on the sign! Next time we do this, it'll be in caps and gowns!!


Love this girl too much!!


How cute are we?!  I know, so cute :)



P.S.  I really really reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy miss Facebook and I seriously can't even wait until Easter so I check it!!!!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment