Thursday, March 15, 2012

What a Day!!!

Helloooooooooooooooo followers!  It was a wonderfully hot Thursday here in Clinton! I remembered another story that I forgot to talk about from 1st grade on Monday.  Well, Mrs. Downs was doing an activity on St. Patrick's Day.  One of the words being talked about was love...yeah my fave!  Well we were thinking of words that rhyme with love and Mrs. Downs thought of the word dove.  So she was asking the class if they knew what a dove was...no answer.  Then Mrs. Downs looked at me and gave me that look of, "Watch this!"  She asked the class, "Who has heard the story of Noah's Ark?"  5 kids raised their hand...FIVE!!!!!  Only 5?!!?  What in the world is going on in Laurens County?  They don't enough know the story of Noah!  I was so sad. :(

This week has really given me a rejuvenation!!!  Its been a combination of a couple of things but I can't really express them all over my blog to the public, but just know things are great!!!! The other day, I was just cruisin the net and I found this awesome website.  Its called the Good Women Project.  I just love it because its all real, raw, and all about women!   ANDDDDD they have a picture of Rosie the Riveter!!!


I love Rosie the Riveter sooooooo much, I like to think its my great grandma Rosie who actually was a riveter during WWII!

Yesterday was a really exciting day, I don't know why I didn't blog...oh yeah, it was just a crazy day/night!  Tonight's been much calmer so I can share all the exciting things.  Well yesterday I got TWO postcards from my bestie, Anna in London!!!  She knows me so well because she sent me a postcard of my favorite couple...the royal couple.  I love them so much :)))))  Miss you Anna!

This finally brings us to today...
Today Daniel came to visit the Presby!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen Daniel in.....well a long time.  He came with his friend Hayden since they're on Spring Break.  We went to Steamer's for lunch and then went geocaching around Clinton.  The first one we found...well we didn't really find it so we went to find another one and we were successful!!  Unfortunately I had to be the party pooper and go to a meeting, work, and class but Daniel and Hayden played frisbee for a while!  But it was so good to see Daniel again.  It was a good escape from my crazy insane day!  Once I finally finished my craziness, I got to relax in the grass.  I just started reading Blue Like Jazz and I'm loving it so much so far, I just need to find time to keep reading...that's the only issue!  But for now, I totally recommend it!

Two final highlights of the day:

1. I had sweet potatoes TWICE today!!!! Sweet potato fries for lunch and sweet potato tots from Sonic tonight!!!!!!! Yummmmmm!

2. More importantly, I just wanted to wish Lucia and Sean (aka Chi Chi and Seany) a Happy 821st Day of Dating!!!!!!!!!!! (so special, right?) LOVES YAAAA :)

P.S. Sorry for all the excessive exclamation points in this blog post!  Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment