Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veterans Day!


Happy Veterans Day!

Today I'm thankful for the veterans who have served our country.  I can't imagine the work that the men and women of the military do.  I know I'm not made for the military so I thank our veterans even more!  

Two of my favorite veterans are my grandfathers!  My mom's dad, Russell Haines, was in the Navy.  He was even at Pearl Harbor when it got attacked!  My dad's dad, Govan Fogle, was in the Army.  Both of these men spent many years in the military to ensure that we get to keep our freedom and I couldn't be more proud to call them my grandfathers.  I didn't get the privilege of knowing Grandpa Haines because he died 6 months before I was born but I did get to know my Papa for the first 8 years of my life.  The work they did will forever make an impact on my life and others!

Thank you veterans for all you've done and all you continue to do each day!  We will forever be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment