Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful for my Mama!

Today its a no-brainer what I'm thankful for.  While I'm thankful for my mom every day, I'm especially thankful today.  Like I mentioned last week, its a difficult time right now and my mom fully understands that and supports me in every way possible!  

My mom took a couple hours out of her super busy Sunday to come and spend time with me because she knew that's what I needed most right now.  My mom made my apartment and some friends baked ziti, salad, big and buttery's (just for London), and banana pudding!  I don't think I realize how much I miss home-cooked meals until I finally get to eat a real meal.  She didn't get to stay long but just getting to sit down and enjoy my time with my mom made me appreciate her so much more!  She spent as much time driving as she did to actually be here but she sees no harm in that.

I love my mom so much!  I hope I can be as wonderful of a woman, wife, and mother as she is!  I know she doesn't get enough credit for all that she does, so I'm going to take this post to brag about how awesome she is.

My mom loves my dad so much!  They've been married 24 years and still going strong!  She has shown me a real love that doesn't give up even when tough times come their way.  She even puts up with how picky he is.  And they're still pretty cute, too!  


I've always been a Mama's Girl so I had to throw in a picture of us from back in the day!  I got to be the lucky first child, and what an angel I was!  That's how I got the nickname Rachel Angel! :)


She wouldn't be a good mom if she didn't put Sarah and I in matching Lion King outfits!


My mom has slowly become the matriarch of the family over the past 4 years and its been so rewarding to watch, not easy but definitely rewarding getting to look back and see how things have changed!  She takes care of everyone in this picture just to count a few of the lives she's touching on a daily basis.  There are many great women in this picture but I know in my heart they wouldn't be that way without my mom.

The relationship I have gotten to witness between Mama and Nana is one that I try to mimick between my mom and I.  They've been honest, best friends, and they always put their relationship as a priority which was obvious to me even from a young age.  My mom and I are best friends and I hope our relationship can be this beautiful when she's in her 80's and way past that!  My mom does so much for Nana and Aunt Laura and still has such a heart of gold!


I don't believe any relationship should exist without laughter and especially the relationship between a mother and daughter.  My mom is always making me laugh whether she's making weird accents that all sound the same, creeping on a certain someone on Facebook, or just trying to cheer me up.  She always knows how to make me laugh and if nothing is working, she isn't afraid to look a little crazy in the process.


One of my favorite things about my mom is that she knows me so well.  That hasn't come from her just being super psychic, its taken a lot of hard work!  She knows what to say, what not to say, how to say it, and definitely how not to say it.  She knows that something being "fine" is in no way good enough!  She continues to get to know me better and better.


My mom is my biggest supporter.  This was from the ADPi Mother/Daughter Tea and it has reigned true for every event in my life, especially while I've been President of ADPi.  My mom will do anything to be here for support!

My mom is an angel and I'm so lucky she gets to be my mom.  I'm so thankful for my mom and the impact she has on my life.  She has raised me (with my Daddy, of course) to be the woman I am today and I wouldn't want to claim anyone else as my mom.  I strive to make her more and more proud each day.  I know she will always stick by my side and be my best friend and for that I am so thankful!  Thank you God for such a wonderful Mama!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment