Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful for the Doctors!


Today I'm thankful for the doctors in my life.  

I seriously can't even count how many different doctors I've seen this year.  I saw three following my car accident for my back, 2 doctors before referring me to the endocrinologist, 4 doctors for my ankle, and I've been sick a lot so a couple random doctors here and there.  Needless to say, its been a year full of lots of doctors.  I'd say some days I'm bitter that I have to go see another doctor for another problem.  However, today I'm thankful for the doctors in my life.  

I had a check-up with my endocrinologist, Dr. K this morning.  If you remember she's my precious Iranian doctor whose English isn't the best, but she's a sweetheart.  My check-up was all good, she just wanted to run some tests to make sure everything was still the same.  

While I was getting my blood work done, I remember just how much I love the blood work lady.  Again, if you remember when I had to get 3 hours of blood work done before they could diagnose me with anything, this is the same lady who did all my blood work that day.  She's soooooo adorable!  You know those days where people just can't tell you enough good things?!  Today was one of those.  The precious blood word lady, wish I could remember her name but it doesn't matter, she's still awesome!  Anyways, we got to talking while she was getting everything together about if I was going to the USC game and I reminded her I went to PC and we had our own game this weekend.  Then she kept telling me I was a beautiful young lady and how pretty my blue eyes were.    Then she asked how old I was.  I said 21 and she said, "Oh my!  You are going to make such a beautiful bride one day!"  My response of course was, "I have to find someone to make me their bride first!"  She said, "Oh Miss Rachel, don't you worry, he's going to find you!"  She kept reassuring me that God had a plan and to just wait!  I realize this conversation was totally random and this lady doesn't know much about me besides what I'm getting my blood work done on and the generic things that have come up in our few conversations, but whoa, talk about making me feel better about life.  All I need are some reminders every now and then of who is really in control.  

So most days I can't stand the doctor visit after doctor visit but today was so reassuring.  Not only did I have a pretty painless doctor visit with a precious woman but then I got to have more reminders of how perfectly God is taking care of me, I just have to wait and see what His plans entail.

"Oh Miss Rachel, don't you worry, he's going to find you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment