Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful for my 3rd Graders!

Last Wednesday was my last day in Practicum and I'm so thankful for that class this semester!  As I have mentioned before, I was a little terrified of 3rd grade when I got my placement in August.  I had no idea I could actually enjoy 3rd grade that much!

I've always had my hopes on teaching Kindergarten but its so good to know that if I were to get a job in a higher grade, I wouldn't be scared away!  3rd grade is such a precious age because they're still young enough to need you but old enough to be independent.  I have definitely fallen in love with 3rd grade!

When Mrs. Moore told the class it was my last day, I was instantly attacked by all 27 students.  I got the biggest hug and kids that didn't want to let go.  Then, I was asked for my autograph...you heard me right, my autograph!  Who knew I was that famous that kids wanted my autograph?!  It was so adorable.  Naturally, I signed it as Rachel Fogle and not Miss Fogle.  Oh goodness, that was a mistake!  Then the kids who got my autograph were freaking out, "I know what Miss Fogle's real name is...its Rachel!!!"  Hahahaha all of it was just too precious.  I definitely wasn't expecting to give out my autograph.

I'm so thankful for my time in 3rd grade and even more thankful for these precious children who have left such a smile on my heart!  Maybe one day my autograph will even be worth something! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment