Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Namaste

I realize most of my posts are serious and everything so today will be a little more random than usual.  Today I'm thankful for yoga.  I've never done yoga before this semester but I'm so glad I took the class my final semester!  I'm getting really sad thinking about how my time in yoga is almost up.  Thursday will be my last yoga class before my surgery. :(  It really hit me today on the way to class that I have seriously enjoyed my time in yoga and I've learned a lot along the way.  I could totally sign up for a yoga class on my own and know what's going on!!!  

Today's yoga class was even more amazing than usual.  I usually can't stand Tuesday's.  Somehow they always become the worst day of my week because they're soooooo long.  I typically start at 10:00 a.m. with class and stay busy all day until at least 8:00 p.m. when Chapter is over.  This semester, getting to have yoga in the middle of my day just makes the whole day better.  Its the only hour of my day that I don't feel bad not worrying about everything else going on in life.  Today's class was no different.  As our final we had to plan our own vinyasa's (combination of yoga poses).  Lauren and Taylor did their vinyasa today and they were the first group to incorporate music with the vinyasa.  I don't know if it was the vinyasa, the music, or just the fact that I'm in need of some relaxation but it was so perfect!  After doing the vinyasa a couple times through, our professor let us hang out in shavasana (my favorite yoga pose).  Shavasana is where we just get to lay on the floor and relax, to put it simply!  Getting to go into shavasana is the point in class I am always looking forward to.  Today was just what I needed in the middle of this crazy week!  I'm so thankful for my yoga class this semester because its really taught me how to relax.  Even if it means that I need to start including yoga in my daily life, I know I have to take some time to myself and just breathe.

Here's to hoping I get back to yoga pretty fast after my ankle heals up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment