Thursday, November 1, 2012

Perfect Time to be Thankful

Happy November!  

What a better time to be thankful than now?  I've decided for November that I'm going to try to write a blog post every day about something I'm thankful for.  Obviously I'm thankful for way more than 30 things but I'll try to pick 30 of the most important things or at least 30 things that are on my heart this month!

On this first day of November I'm oh so thankful for the difficult weeks.  While I've felt like this semester has been a non-stop ride on the struggle bus, its in the more difficult weeks that I can look back and recognize that obviously some weeks were easier than this one.  I didn't think of this on my own, however.  It wasn't until Lucia brought to my attention that she does the same thing when life gets tough.  Its in the difficult moments in life where we can reflect and be so grateful for the easier moments.  This week is no exception.  I've never felt so tested in so many ways.  I've never felt Satan trying to attack me so directly.  I was seriously tested throughout this summer as well and I'm missing my support system so badly who never let me give up or give in!  They've been my prayer warriors during this difficult week and I only wish I could be with them in person to get a big hug at the end of the day or even have one of them literally carry me when I can't keep going just like they did many times this summer.  I don't think I thanked them enough at the time but I'm so grateful for the lessons they taught me through our theme verse of Galatians 6:2, 9-10.  


Doing Good to All


Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.



My biggest support system
I got to see these verses carried out in my life this summer.  My staff showed me what it truly means to carry one another's burdens and I'm so thankful for that.  All I can do in this week is cry out to the Lord for some help because I know He is so much more powerful that any negativity in my life right now.  I've found so much comfort in the following verses. (Big thanks to Taylor for reminding me of them.)

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlesslymake known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains.Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

I'm so thankful for the difficult weeks in life that remind me of how wonderful the easier ones can be.  I'm also thankful for the difficult weeks because they only make my relationship with God even stronger.  I just ask for your prayers as I'm in the middle of some serious spiritual warfare, but I know my God is so much greater than anything else in this world.  It doesn't matter how down things can get me, God will always prevail.  I'm so thankful for the Armor of God that I get to put on in this battle.  
I'm thankful that I know my God will always win the battle for my heart.
I'm so thankful for many many things that God has given me!  Join me in November as I share these with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment